Special Hotel Alert
Seasonal Hotel - Open seasonally from May 2nd through September 30th
Americas Best Value Dakota Cowboy Inn offers the most value for your money when staying for business, pleasure, or just passing through. We offer clean spacious rooms, free deluxe continental breakfast, and free Wi-Fi throughout the property. All guest rooms include mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hairdryers, cable TV, iron, ironing board, free local calls, and wake-up service. We have a seasonal outdoor pool with a water slide for the kids that is open from May 2 to September 30. Our property also features a basketball court, Crolf (mini golf that is played with a croquet mallet), and a playground.
Take advantage of our extremely comfortable beds and relax while staying with us. Kids of any age stay in their parent’s room for a small additional charge. For those guests that are in town on longer term corporate assignments or business trips we also offer special weekly and monthly rates, as well as direct billing options.
For your convenience our hotel offers both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Sorry, no pets allowed. We are located near to popular local attractions such as Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Crazy Horse Memorial, and Custer State Park. We are conveniently located off of US-385 and Custer Street/Mount Rushmore Road.
Americas Best Value Dakota Cowboy Inn is your best choice within the Mount Rushmore area. We offer ideal accommodations and location whether you are in town for sightseeing, boating, hiking, or to explore the natural beauty of Jewel Cave National Monument or Wind Cave National Park. At Americas Best Value Dakota Cowboy Inn our goal is to provide our guests a great experience, not just a place to stay.
At Americas Best Value Dakota Cowboy Inn, We’ve Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow.
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Rocky Knolls Golf Course, 1 mi.
* Top Pin Archery, 2.5 mi.
* Heritage Village Campground, 3.6 mi.
* Sylvan Lake, 7.4 mi.
* Harney Peak, 9 mi.
* Black Hills Playhouse, 11.8 mi.
* Sheridan Lake Marina, 21.9 mi.
* Holy Terror Mini Golf, 21.9 mi.
* Rushmore Casino, 40.2 mi.
* Crolf (18 hole mini golf played with croquet mallets)
* Outdoor Pool with water slide for children (Open from May 2nd to September 30th)
* Custer County 1881 Courthouse Museum, 0.2 mi.
* Black Hills Aerial Adventures, 0.3 mi.
* Flintstone Bedrock City, 0.4 mi.
* Blue Bell Stables, 0.6 mi.
* Black Hills Balloons, 1.3 mi.
* Four Mile Old West Town Museum, 3.1 mi.
* Crazy Horse Memorial, 4.8 mi.
* Jewel Cave National Monument, 13 mi.
* Museum at Black Hills Institute, 17 mi.
* Custer State Park, 17.1 mi.
* Prairie Berry Winery, 17.4 mi.
* Mount Rushmore National Memorial, 20.2 mi.
* Wind Cave National Park, 21.9 mi.
* 1880 Train-Black Hills Central Railroad, 22.5 mi.
* Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary, 52.5 mi.
* Free daily deluxe continental breakfast
* Dakota Cowboy Inn Restaurant and Lounge - On-site - Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily
* Cattlemans Steakhouse, 0.04 mi.
* Wrangler Drive-In, 0.06 mi.
* Dairy Queen, 0.08 mi.
* Pizza Works, 0.2 mi.
* Buglin’ Bull Restaurant and Sports Bar, 0.2 mi.
* Purple Pie Place, 0.2 mi.
* Sage Creek Grille, 0.3 mi.
* Baker's Bakery and Cafe, 0.3 mi.
* Steaks N Ribs Place, 0.3 mi.
* Quiznos, 0.3 mi.
* Our Place, 0.4 mi.
* Captain’s Table, 0.4 mi.
* Bitter Esters Brewhouse, 0.5 mi.
* US Forest Service Supervisor, 0.01 mi.
* US Forest Service District Ranger, 0.08 mi.
* State Farm Insurance, 0.2 mi.
* State Department of Labor, 0.3 mi.
* U-Haul Co, 0.8 mi.
* Woodford Construction Company, 1.7 mi.
* Pacer Corporation, 3.6 mi.
* Department of Corrections, 11 mi.
* Apex Technology Solutions Group, 14 mi.
* Gold Discovery Days, July
* Custer State Park Buffalo Roundup, late September/Early October
Nearby Medical Centers and Hospitals
* Custer Regional Hospital, 2 mi.