Kentucky's capital city of Frankfort lies 50 miles east of Louisville and 25 miles west of Lexington, in the heart of Kentucky Blue Grass country. The Frankfort Americas Best Value Inn is just off I-64 at Exit 53B "US Highway 127". Drive north 1 mile to the motel. History abounds in Frankfort. Highlights include Daniel Boone's Grave, the Kentucky History Center "including its world-class genealogical research library", the Kentucky Military Museum, and numerous historic homes and government buildings. Frankfort is also in the heart of the Bourbon Trail, with tours of distilleries available. Rebecca-Ruth Candy, the originator of bourbon candy, also provides tours at its factory. Annual events include the (Running of the Roses) - the Kentucky Derby, held every May in Louisville.
Each of our clean, comfortable rooms feature in-room coffeemakers, in-room safes, free wireless high-speed Internet access, cable television, and interior-corridors with enhanced-security electronic locks. Along with clean, comfortable accommodations, you'll enjoy complimentary coffee, juice and pastries in the lobby each morning to get you off to a great start. We also offer free local calls and one free 10-minute long distance call within the US each night. Kids 12 and under stay free. Cribs are available upon request at no charge. We follow Danny Foundation guidelines for crib safety. We're also dog friendly. We charge a modest nonrefundable cleaning fee of 15 USD per stay.
Coming in 2010 - World Equestrian Games, Lexington KY
FEMA - KY0067
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Civil War Battle Sites nearby
* Juniper Hills Golf Course, 0.5 mi.
* Camping, hiking, swimming, biking, and fishing at the Kentucky River State Park, 7 mi.
* Canoe Kentucky, 10 mi.
* Golfing at Frankfort Country Club, Raven Rock, Duckers Lake, Bob-O-Link, Cabin Brook, Longview, Woodford Hills Country Club, and Big Hickory Golf Courses, within 15 mi.
* Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, 20 mi.
* Churchill Downs (Kentucky Derby), 40 mi. in Louisville
* Guest Laundromat
* Ancient Age Distillery, Nearby
* Kentucky Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Nearby
* Daniel Boone Gravesite, Nearby
* Kentucky State University, 0.4 mi.
* Franklin Square Shopping Center, 0.4 mi.
* Rebecca Ruth Candy Factory, 0.1 mi.
* Kentucky State University, 0.3 mi.
* Downtown Frankfort-Kentucky State Capitol, 1 mi.
* Capitol City Museum, 4 mi.
* Buffalo Trace Distillery, 4 mi.
* Kentucky History Center, 5 mi.
* Woodford Reserve Distillery, 10 mi.
* The Bluegrass Railroad Museum, 12 mi.
* Nostalgia Station Toy Museum and Train Shop, 13 mi.
* Churchill Downs-Kentucky Derby, 30 mi.
* Complimentary continental breakfast served daily
* O'Charley's, 1 mi.
* Shoney's Restaurant, 0.4 mi.
* Captain D's Restaurant, 1.5 mi.
* Fazoli's Restaurant, 1.5 mi.
* La Fiesta Grande Restaurant Mexicana, 2 mi.
* Brando's Restaurant, next door
* Several fastfood restaurants in surrounding area
* Longhorn's Steakhouse, .0.1 mi.
* Johnny Carino's, .0.5 mi.
* Applebees, .0.5 mi.
* Frisch's, 0.5 mi.
* Chili's, 0.1 mi.
* Beef O'Brady's, 0.5 mi.
* Ohi-America, 6 mi.
* Unisys Corporation, 1.5 mi.
* Kentucky Oil and Gas Association, 3 mi.
* Topy Corporation, 4 mi.
* Bluegrass Gis Inc.,5 mi.
* Thornton Oil Corporation, 13 mi.
* World Equestrian Games - Lexington KY, Sept 25 - Oct 10