Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Glenwood, conveniently located on Highway 55 on the north end of Lake Minnewaska. Our hotel is less than 20 miles south of Alexandria and is a great starting point for your vacation to the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, come stay with us and experience all that Glenwood has to offer.
Start your day off right with our free deluxe continental breakfast and coffee service in our lobby. Appreciate the convenience of our fax and copy services. Stay connected with free wireless high-speed Internet access in our guest rooms and public areas. Take a dip in our heated indoor pool open your round. Step into the privacy and comfort of your own guest room featuring amenities including cable TV, iron, ironing board, ESPN, desk with lamp, clock radio, free local calls, and wakeup service. Select rooms are handicap accessible and feature grab bars in the bathrooms. Pets are welcome - charges and restrictions apply.
Check out one of many local area events including the Vikingland Band Festival in June, the Douglas County Fair in August, or the Carlos Creek Winery Grape Stomp in September. Head over to Lake Carlos State Park for a day of hiking, fishing or mountain biking. In the winter spend the day skiing, snowboarding or tubing at the Andes Tower Ski Hills. Visit the Runestone Museum and see the world famous Kensington Runestone and take your picture with the country’s biggest Viking statue. Play a round of golf at Minnewaska Golf Club, or head over to the Viking Plaza Shopping Mall for some shopping. Enjoy a delicious meal at one of several nearby restaurants including Duffy's and Pizza Ranch.
At Americas Best Value Inn Glenwood, We’ve Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow.
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Barsness Park, 1.1 mi.
* Glenwood Wayside Park, 1.8 mi.
* Minnewaska Golf Club, 3.3 mi.
* Indian Mounds Park, 4.1 mi.
* Viking Plaza Shopping Mall, 15.8 mi.
* Garden Center Bowling, 16 mi.
* Broadway Ballroom, 16 mi.
* Midway Mall Cinema 9, 16 mi.
* Noonan Park, 17.7 mi.
* Bike and Fitness Company, 18.4 mi.
* Diver’s Clubhouse, 18.4 mi.
* JS Guide Service, 19.5 mi.
* Nordic Trails Golf, 22.5 mi.
* Central Lakes Trail, 22.7 mi.
* Lake Carlos State Park, 28 mi.
* Andes Tower Ski Hills, 28.9 mi.
* Elk Lake Heritage Preserve, 30 mi.
* Business Center
* Heated Indoor Pool
* Meeting Facility
* Minnewaska Kayaks, 9.9 mi.
* Mills Fleet Farm, 14.7 mi.
* Menards, 14.9 mi.
* Broadway Ballroom, 16 mi.
* Apols Harley Davidson, 16.7 mi.
* Douglas County Historical Society, 17.4 mi.
* Viking Speedways, 17.6 mi.
* Minnesota Lakes Maritime Museum, 17.7 mi.
* Casey’s Amusement Park, 19.2 mi.
* Kensington Runestone Historical Marker, 19.3 mi.
* Carlos Creek Winery, 24 mi.
* Free daily deluxe continental breakfast
* Coffee in lobby
* Duffy's, 0.3 mi.
* A and W Restaurant, 0.4 mi.
* Penny's Diner, 0.4 mi.
* Pizza Ranch, 1.3 mi.
* China Panda Restaurant, 1.3 mi.
* Subway, 1.4 mi.
* Dairy Queen, 1.5 mi.
* Lakeside Steak and Chop House, 1.8 mi.
* Gingerbread House Café, 1.8 mi.
* Torgy’s on the Lake, 3.5 mi.
* Wasp Inc, 0.5 mi.
* Lakeland Manufacturing, 14.8 mi.
* ITW Heartland, 15.6 mi.
* Douglas Machine Inc, 16.1 mi.
* 3M, 16.2 mi.
* One 200 square foot meeting room
* Maximum capacity of 20 guests
* Free Wi-Fi in meeting room
* Catering can be brought in by an outside vendor
* Winter Rama, February
* Vikingland Band Festival, June
* Water Rama, July
* Douglas County Fair, August
* Grape Stomp, September
* Applefest, October
Nearby Medical Centers and Hospitals
* Glacial Ridge Health System, 1.4 mi.
* Douglas County Hospital, 16.6 mi.