Americas Best Value Inn welcomes you to Irondale, nestled in the heart of Alabama, on the eastern edge of Jefferson County. Irondale sits in a valley with Red Mountain to its north and Cahaba Mountain or Shades Mountain to its south and southeast. The city is home to Catholic radio and television broadcaster EWTN. Our hotel is only 5 miles from the Birmingham - Shuttlesworth International Airport. Other nearby attractions include the Southern Museum of Flight, Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Birmingham Museum of Art, and Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame. Great local restaurants await you such as the Whistle Stop Cafe, Hamburger Heaven, and Golden Rule Barbecue.
Our three story exterior corridor hotel offers 80 spacious guest rooms. Wake up to our free continental breakfast consisting of cereal, toast, honey buns, muffins, bagels, juices, coffee, and milk. Outdoor lovers will appreciate our on-site barbecue picnic area. Enjoy a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool which is open from June - September. For your convenience, our front desk and lobby are open 24 hours/day.
Step into our guest rooms and experience absolute relaxation with amenities including free WiFi, microwave, mini-fridge, Direct TV with HBO, sofa bed, hairdryer, and free local calls. An iron with ironing board are available upon request. At Americas Best Value Inn Birmingham East/Irondale, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow.
Off-Site Recreational Activities:
* Roebuck Municipal Golf Course, 7.3 mi.
* Lake Purdy Lets Go Fishing, 8.8 mi.
* Barber Motor Sports Raceway, 9.1 mi.
* Eastwood Shopping Mall, 9.1 mi.
* ACE of Birmingham, 12.6 mi.
* Mountain Brook Sports Park, 12.7 mi.
* Skateland, 13.3 mi.
* Brunswick Riverview Lanes, 15.2 mi.
* Barbecue Picnic Area
* Outdoor Pool (June - September)
* Southern Museum of Flight, 5.7 mi.
* Birmingham Botanical Gardens, 6.1 mi.
* The Alabama Sports Hall of Fame, 8.2 mi.
* Birmingham Museum of Art, 8.6 mi.
* Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame, 10.5 mi.
* Meyer Planetarium, 10.9 mi.
* Arlington Antebellum Home and Gardens, 11.3 mi.
* Birmingham Zoo, 11.5 mi.
* Free continental breakfast consisting of cereal, toast, honey buns, muffins, bagels, juices, coffee, and milk is available daily from 6am - 10am.
* Coffee is available in the lobby 24 hours/day
* The Whistle Stop Cafe, 0.6 mi.
* Hamburger Heaven, 0.7 mi.
* Golden Rule Barbecue of Irondale, 0.9 mi.
* Villa Fiesta Mexican Restaurant, 0.9 mi.
* Burger King, 1.6 mi.
* Olive Garden, 1.6 mi.
* Alabama Aircraft Ind Inc, 5.5 mi.
* Nucor Steel of Birmingham, 7.8 mi.
* Machine Tools South, 8.6 mi.
* Medical Center East, 9.5 mi.
* Medical Imaging Systems, 9.9 mi.
* Birmingham Vending Co., 10.6 mi.
* Shamrock Steel Inc., 12.2 mi.
Local Colleges and Universities:
* University of Alabama at Birmingham, 11.2 mi.
Nearby Medical Centers and Hospitals:
* Trinity Medical Center, 3.4 mi.