Welcome to the Americas Best Value Inn- Murphysboro, which is located in the heart of beautiful Jackson County. We are just west off of I-57, approx. 20 miles to Carbondale. We are a newly remodeled property with a clean and comfortable home feeling. Our rooms offer microwave, refrigerator, dataport, free local calls, cable TV with HBO, and coffeemaker. We are closeby to Kinkaid Lake for great fishing and several state parks for camping and hiking.
6 miles from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Kinkaid Village Marina, 5.5 mi.
* Dry Lake Campground, 7 mi.
* Crab Orchard Campgrounds, 11 mi.
* Little Grassy Boat Dock, 13 mi.
* Hurricane Creek Recreation, 13 mi.
* Devils Kitchen Marine and Campground, 17 mi.
* Four Seasons Campground, 17 mi.
* Liberty Theater, 1 mi.
* Shawnee Trails Wilderness Outfitter, 7 mi.
* African American Museum of Southern Illinois, 7 mi.
* Avenue Mall, 7 mi.
* Area 51 Extreme Sports, 11 mi.
* Alto Vineyard, 11 mi.
* Crab Orchard Golf Club, 13 mi.
* Pyramid State Park, 20 mi.
* Sergio's Mexican Restaurant, Walking Distance
* Hardee's, Walking Distance
* Kentucky Fried Chicken, 0.5 mi.
* McDonalds, 0.7 mi.
* Lucky House Restaurant, 1 mi.
* Tippey's Restaurant, 1 mi.
* 17th Street Bar and Grill, 1 mi.
* 5 Star China Garden, 1.5 mi.
* Subway, 1.5 mi.
* St. Joseph Memorial Hospital, 1 mi.
* Walmart, 1.6 mi.
* Muskie Fishing Tournaments, March, April, October
* Murphysboro Apple Festival, Week Long Events in Mid-September